About Our Workshops
Songs of Ourselves workshops are intended to be about the participant and their needs. The instructor will work with you as much as you want during the process and you can choose how much you want to talk to others during the duration of a workshop. The goal of our workshops is to encourage reflection and inspire folks to utilize writing in a way that is helpful to them.
Our workshops feature 3 different levels of engagement, participants can do all of these levels and vary their participation throughout the duration of the workshop based on if they feel comfortable sharing or not.
- Level one: Personal & Private
- Participants receive the prompts from the instructor and work on them at their own pace, selecting what works for them. They may choose to message the instructor some feedback, but they do not have to share their writing.
- Level two: Sometimes Sharing
- Participants engage with others on the Songs of Ourselves Slack channel for their workshop session. They discuss the readings and prompts through the chat. They may share their writing in the chat.
- Level three: Face to face
- Participants meet once a week for an hour on Zoom to check in with others who are in their session. They may choose to read from their writing during the meeting.